Stunning non-surgical lip augmentation results with lip injections in Maryland
Most women wish for plump, youthful, voluptuous lips that telegraph femininity and attractiveness. Unfortunately, many of us lose our lip volume as we age, with the lips succumbing to fine lines and creases, as well as drooping. A lip augmentation procedure using lip injections can help to reshape and volumize dull, depleted lip contours, giving you a newfound confidence and excitement about your appearance.
What are lip injections?
Lip injections with dermal fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane can help to counteract the loss of volume in the lips that occurs with maturity while smoothing away vertical lip lines. Lip injections can also help to restore full, luscious lips in those who simply lack the genetics to produce alluring lips. With lip fillers, your practitioner can beautifully correct downturned corners of the mouth, or create a more aesthetically pleasing Cupid’s bow. What’s more, they are an excellent way to achieve balance and harmony in lips that are asymmetrical.
Before and After
What are the most common lip fillers?
Many lip fillers are made with hyaluronic acid, a compound found naturally in the human body that is responsible for the hydrated, supple look of youthful lips. Once HA diminishes with age, the lips may grow thin and crumpled. Lip fillers can restore vibrancy and resilience to the smile, making the lips fuller and firmer.
Some of the most common products used are:
- Juvederm Volbella: Volbella is an FDA-approved, hyaluronic acid based lip filler that removes lip lines and adds definition to the lip shape.
- Juvederm Ultra Plus XC: Formulated with lidocaine for maximum comfort during treatment, Juvederm Ultra Plus XC plumps up thin, flattened lips and improves their suppleness.
- Restylane Silk: Restylane Silk is made with HA and is virtually incapable of causing an allergic reaction. This product can help restore a youthful, sexy pout and enhanced self-confidence.
What are the benefits of lip injections?
- It is easy to control the amount of lip filler used, and thus control your lip augmentation results
- Lip fillers can be added gradually to create the most natural-looking results
- HA-based dermal fillers generally cause less bruising than other types of injections
- Results are not forever, but they can be long-lasting and sustainable
- Lip injection results can be reversed if you are not happy with your new appearance
- Very little risk of allergic reactions with HA-based lip fillers
- Enhanced self-confidence and more enjoyment in how you look
- Safe, non-surgical and non-invasive approach
Is there any downtime with lip injections?
After lip injections, your lips may be slightly swollen and tender. These side effects will clear up quickly, however, and you will be able to return immediately to work, school or leisure activities after your lip augmentation session. For the first day after treatment you may want to avoid using a straw or wearing lipstick, as to not disturb your newly minted lip contours.
Who makes the best candidate for lip fillers?
Lip injections are an excellent choice if you are just beginning to see signs of aging in the lips and you would like to undergo a safe, non-invasive procedure to help improve your smile. Clients should be non-smokers in good mental and physical health, and they should have a realistic idea of how they will look after treatment. While many women want to resemble celebrities, Dr. Rottman believes that “less is more” when it comes to lip augmentation, and he will always pursue a conservative approach that enhances your natural beauty.
What is the cost of lip fillers?
The cost for lip fillers will vary, based on the number of injections you receive, and on how many touch up sessions you attend over time. We will present you with a detailed, personalized quote for services at the time of your confidential consultation for lip injections in Maryland. If financing is an issue, we can help connect you with several reputable healthcare lenders that offer reasonable payment plans and low APR’s.
How long do the results from lip injections last?
The average length that lip augmentation results last is anywhere from 3 to 12 months, and outcomes will depend on your age, as well as your body’s individual ability to metabolize the filler. Undergoing touch ups from time to time can help you to maintain your lovely new smile for the long haul.
Why choose Dr. Rottman in Maryland?
Dr. Steven J. Rottman is an aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon who delivers exquisite lip augmentation results for the women in and around Baltimore, Maryland. He is recognized for providing natural-looking outcomes that are seamless and undetectable. Dr. Rottman has been selected as a Top Doctor for Cosmetic Plastic Surgery, Body Contouring, and Breast Plastic Surgery by Baltimore Magazine each year since 2015.
Schedule a ConsultationContact