VI Peel is an incredibly effective and powerful collection of chemical peels for skin rejuvenation. It's made of medical-grade ingredients that scrub away the damaged upper layers of the skin to reveal fresh, smooth, and vibrant skin underneath. Dr. Rottman’s plastic surgery center now performs VI Peels for patients who want smoother and brighter skin without downtime.
What is a VI Peel?
VI Peel is a line of medical-grade chemical peels developed by Vitality Institute. It’s suitable for patients with dull, tired, worn, or damaged skin marred by various skin problems, such as acne, acne scars, wrinkles, age spots, melasma, rosacea, hyperpigmentation, etc. The VI Peel is suitable for all skin types, skin colors, and skin concerns, and it’s one of the few medical-grade chemicals suitable for the under-eye region.
The VI Peel collection includes several products with a different formulation, meant for different skin types and concerns. However, most VI Peel products include salicylic acid, vitamin C, TCA (trichloroacetic acid), retinoic acid, phenol, and other minerals that help scrub the damaged skin off your face to promote cellular regeneration. VI Peels refine the surface appearance of your skin to give you smoother, brighter, and tighter skin tissues.
What VI Peels treat
- Acne and acne scars
- Fine lines, wrinkles
- Lackluster and lax facial skin
- Age spots, melasma, hyperpigmentation, and rosacea
What are my VI Peel options?
- VI Peel Original: Ideal for first-time use, sensitive skin, roughened skin, textural irregularities, and early signs of aging. This is the ideal entry-level skin peel for most individuals.
- VI Peel Advanced: Ideal for mild to moderate signs of aging with wrinkles, fine lines, and loss of elasticity. It encourages cellular regeneration and collagen production to tighten your skin tissues.
- VI Peel Precision Plus: Ideal for patients with melasma, hyperpigmentation, sun damage, and other textural irregularities due to overactive melanin production.
- VI Peel Purify: Ideal for patients with acne-prone skin, oily and congested skin, and enlarged pores. It encourages cellular regeneration, clears the pores, and kills p. acnes, and prevents breakouts.
- VI Peel Purify Precision Plus: Ideal for patients with overactive oil glands, acne-prone skin, hyperpigmentation, acne scars, or congested pores. It kills p. acnes bacteria, regulates sebum production, and encourages cellular regeneration.
Am I a suitable candidate for VI Peel?
VI Peel is a suitable chemical peel option for most individuals, regardless of skin color, skin type, and skin concerns. However, you must choose the ideal VI Peel solution for your specific skin type and skin concerns. Using the wrong VI Peel on darker skin colors, for example, might lead to hyperpigmentation. As such, you must consult with our doctor for a detailed skin analysis and the ideal VI Peel recommendation.
What happens during the VI Peel?
The VI Peel process starts with a personal consultation with a skincare provider. The skincare expert will carefully examine your skin type, assess your skin concerns, review your medical history, and discuss your general cosmetic goals and concerns. They’ll recommend the ideal VI Peel formula based on your skin analysis to ensure a smooth and effective treatment.
The VI Peel treatment is fairly simple and concludes in 20 to 45 minutes. Patients with sensitive skin may experience mild tingling and burning sensations, but not enough to warrant medications or anesthesia. Your skincare provider will thoroughly clean your skin and apply the VI Peel in two phases. Once the solution dries off, you can resume your daily activities and wash the solution off after about 5 hours.
What are the VI Peel results like?
You might experience mild redness, irritation, and itching sensations after the treatment, but that’s perfectly normal. Your skin will soon start peeling off in 2 to 3 days and continue doing so for about 6 days. The experience will be similar to a harsh sunburn. Once your damaged skin tissues peel off, you’ll notice smoother, clearer, and brighter skin underneath. For optimal results, you need 3 to 6 sessions spaced a month apart.
Why choose Dr. Steven Rottman for VI Peels?
Dr. Steven Rottman is an incredibly reputable and renowned plastic surgeon with a luxurious plastic surgery center in Baltimore. \
As a double board-certified surgeon, he has an impeccable reputation for providing personalized treatments that ensure optimal results. You can be confident that your VI Peel with Dr. Rottman will leave your skin aglow.