Juvederm® Ultra PlusTM
The Juvederm collection of hyaluronic acid-based fillers mimics the natural hyaluronic acid (HA) in the body, which absorbs water and hydrates the skin, achieving plump, supple softness and volume. Juvederm fillers are based on HA and also include a small amount of lidocaine, which increases the comfort of treatment.
Juvederm fillers provide HA, which attracts moisture and strengthens the skin structure, which creates a supple fullness. Additionally, they stimulate the production of collagen, which the body uses to naturally restructure and regenerate the skin, which results in tighter, firmer, more rejuvenated skin.
What is Juvederm Ultra Plus?
Juvederm Ultra Plus provides smooth, full, and supple volume. Ultra Plus has a thicker gel consistency that holds its shape better than other fillers, which is how it provides more facial volume, shape, and contouring. Juvederm Ultra Plus is ideal for natural but more dramatic lip augmentation and for patients with deeper wrinkles, facial folds or creases, or more significant volume loss.
Benefits of Juvederm Ultra Plus
Juvederm Ultra Plus treatments provide a number of benefits for patients who want to rejuvenate their features, including the following:
- The treatment is safe, short, and painless
- Deeper lines and creases can be effectively filled and smoothed
- Significantly enhanced, naturally full, plump lips
- Minimally-invasive treatment
- A rejuvenated, refreshed appearance
- A boost in self-confidence
- No downtime required, and a very short recovery period
- Results last for up to a year
Who is a candidate for Juvederm Ultra Plus?
Juvederm Ultra Plus is an ideal filler for patients who would like to smooth deeper lines and creases and achieve a more dramatic volume restoration, including supple, full lips. Ideal candidates for Ultra Plus meet the following requirements:
- Are physically in good health
- Are not a smoker
- Are realistic in their expectations about what Juvederm Ultra Plus can achieve
- Are 21 years old or older
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have no active skin rashes or outbreaks
- Are not allergic to the Juvederm ingredients or lidocaine
What can Juvederm Ultra Plus treat?
Juvederm Ultra Plus is used to smooth and erase deeper folds and wrinkles. This includes the following:
- Moderate to severe nasolabial folds (lines from the corners of the nose to corners of the mouth)
- Marionette lines (lines from the corners of the mouth to the jaw)
- Hollow cheeks
- Other hollow areas of the face, neck or chest
- Volume loss in the tops of the hands
There is no downtime after Juvederm Ultra Plus treatments. However, some swelling and bruising may occur, which is normal and lasts only 1-3 days. Do not massage the treated area or expose it to excessive heat for the first couple of days after your treatment. Do not drink or exercise vigorously for 1-2 days. If you’re experiencing inflammation or puffiness, you can apply an ice pack to reduce these concerns.
Why Choose Dr. Steven J. Rottman for Juvederm Ultra treatments?
As a highly-trained plastic surgeon with long experience and well-known expertise in the cosmetic field, Dr. Rottman takes pride in achieving stellar, natural-looking results for his patients. Based on your unique aesthetic needs, Dr. Rottman will choose the most ideal injectable treatment to achieve the goals of each individual. Please contact us today to schedule your personal consultation with Dr. Rottman.